Code for America2015 Fellow2015
Code for America is a non-profit that works with local government to create user-centered services with modern technologies. I am working in the city of Richmond, VA to help improve health service delivery by connecting those without access to health insurance with the safety-net system in the area.
Creative Media AllianceWeb Developer2013 - 2015
Creative Media Alliance is a branding and marketing agency in Seattle, WA. My work included web development and social media API integration for clients ranging from local television shows to health clinics and architecture firms.
Google MapsData Analyst2012 - 2013
As a data analyst maintaining Google's spatial database my role included user support, data edits, and quality control.
Writing & Talks
- 2016ESIP Tech Dive: Vector Tile Maps
- 2016NACIS 2016 Talk: Maps are fast and so can you
- 2016Mapbox blog: style-optimzed vector tiles
- 2016Planning & organizing the CUGOS Spring Fling
- 2016Mapbox blog: vector tile specification documentation
- 2016Making maps on the internet, UW-Madison Cartography Workshop
- 2015Maptime Seattle, Hand drawn maps
- 2015End of Year Report, Code for America, Team Richmond
- 2015Final presentation to RMHF, Code for America, Team Richmond
- 2015GIS for the people, NACIS
- 2015Dropchop, NACIS Practical Cartography Day
- 2015Video presentation, dropchop demo and updates, CUGOS Fall 2015
- 2015Dropchop talk and workshop, CUGOS 2015 Spring Fling
- 2015State of the Map US writing and notes
- 2015Code for America – Team Richmond, VA blog
- 2014Atlas of Design Volume II, Editor
- 2014Maptime Seattle geocoding and APIs introductory workshop
- 2014Maptime Seattle geojson and git workshop and tutorial
- 2014Maptime Seattle introduction to webmaps workshop and tutorial
- 2012GISCollective interview
- 2012GISCollective website and blog posts
- 2011Lessons on Land Tenure, Forest Governance and REDD+ design & publishing
- 2010The environmental and social impacts of urban runoff on eutrophic lake ecosystems
Atlas of DesignCo-Editor2013 - Present
As an Editor of the Atlas of Design, a NACIS publication, I help coordinate everything from call for participations, website development, social media outreach, publishing, and fulfillment.
CUGOS2012 - Present
CUGOS is a Seattle-based meetup group that loves open source spatial tools. We host a variety of monthly meetings and hack nights, as well as annual mini-conferences.
Maptime Seattle2014 - Present
Maptime Seattle is the local chapter of the international Maptime community. We teach anything related to maps and spatial data, all for beginners and those exited to learn something new.
Situated LaboratoriesDesigner2012 - 2015
Situated Laboratories is a consulting and web development agency started by myself and Richard Donohue. For three years we worked with small and large clients on their brand and online presence.